When it comes to making your home feel more luxurious, there is no replacement for the look of
natural stone such as marble, slate, polished concrete and honed or tumbled surfaces. These
timeless materials offer a sense of elegance that cannot be found elsewhere while also offering
durability and longevity. But in order to care properly for these stones in your home you must
know the best practices when it comes to cleaning, polishing and maintaining them; otherwise
they won’t last nearly as long! In this blog post we will cover everything you need to know on
how to take care of natural stone, marble, slate and other shiny finishes in order to make sure
your home looks its classiest all year round.
Caring for natural stone, limestone, travertine, honed or tumbled marble flooring
requires special attention. Here are a few tips to keep your floor looking its best:
● Sweep regularly with a soft brush or vacuum on the ‘bare floors’ setting to keep
dirt and debris from scratching the surface
● Mop the floor at least twice weekly with a product made especially for your
flooring surface. Do not rely on All-purpose cleaners to do the job.
● Avoid using acidic or abrasive cleaners as they could damage the finish
● Use felt pads on the legs of furniture to protect against scratches
● Have a professional polish your floor occasionally to maintain the shine.
● Protect the surface from spills by sealing it every 18 to 24 months